हरिः ॐ! स्वागतम्!
Why are you here? Probably for one of the following reasons:
- You just want to check me and my interests out.
- If so, welcome - click around.
- You’re interested in me as a contributor to sanskrit learning and processing.
- You’re interested in my views on certain topics. If so -
- There will be loads of public notes (with books and articles I’ve gathered/ annotated) at multiple sites such as Agama and notes sites (use the sidebar/ topbar to navigate).
- My most valuable thoughts, which I hope will survive beyond my body’s demise, especially in my progeny
- In some sensitive cases (rituals, politics, etc..) you’ll be disappointed and not find what you seek in this public place. Rest assured: My most frankest observations remain hidden. As they say: अतिपरिचयात् अवज्ञा। So, try not to form rather strong opinions based on this allegedly “personal” web page - this interaction is not satisfactorily deep!
- You’re interested in me as a computer programmer or researcher.
- If so, yes I am an engineer. I worked in some fancy corporations of my time, and graduated from the Computer Science department of the University of Texas at Austin with an MS in Computer Science. I keep engineering software for the sanskrit community and my text/ audio curation needs. You’ll find my CV and details somewhere on this site.
Like most people, I have dreams and a non-insignificant potential for good.
Some pretentious intros I originally wrote for myself in the third person for some lectures:
विश्वासो वासुकिपुत्रो जामदग्न्यो
भगवत्कैङ्कर्यैकरसिको गृहस्थाश्रमोचितैः पञ्चमहायज्ञैर् यथाशास्त्रं यथाशक्ति च सोल्लासं भारतवर्षे कर्णाटेषु कल्याणपुर्यां वर्तमानः,
भगवत्प्रीत्यर्थं स्वाधीत्यै स्वापत्यादिशिक्षणानुकूल्याय च
द्युगङ्गाख्येन प्राचीनग्रन्थोद्धारप्रकाशनोद्यमं https://sanskrit.github.io/groups/dyuganga/ इत्यत्र दृश्यमानं चालयन्
यथासम्भवं सज्जनसहकारं भगवदनुमतं काङ्क्षते।
सम्प्रदायाद्यभिनिवेशं विना प्रमाणपरतन्त्रतया शास्त्रकाव्याद्यनुसन्धाने विशिष्टा रुचिः।
ततो विस्तारो ऽत्र - https://vishvasa.github.io/ ।
Vishvāsa, son of Vāsuki, is a practicing Hindu, a lover of both hard rationality and tender aesthetic sensitivity. He is content following the three life-values (puruṣartha-s), cognizant of his gratitude towards the deva-s, sages, his ancestors, society and nature at large. He spends much of his free time learning, propagating and adding to saṃskṛta shāstra-s and kāvya-s - especially see https://sanskrit.github.io/groups/dyuganga/. He also follows and occassionally debates on a wide variety of issues affecting the Hindu ethos and humanity in general. He speaks Saṃskṛtam, Kannaḍa, Hindī, Hebbār Tamiḷ and English - in roughly that order of preference. Originally from southern Karnāṭaka, his body is borne by the ??? area. He was a professional computer programmer, and has sampled academic research - and occasionally utilizes those skills for his projects. Other interests include snowboarding, music, films, hiking, web surfing etc.. He organizes some of his thoughts at vishvAsa.github.io and welcomes comments and criticism.